Dahi Puri Chaat is a tasty evening treat that most of us eat at famous streets and even at Indian fast food restaurants. Today I made this at home with minimum ingredients and yet it tasted amazing!!!
Take a look at the Ingredients:
1. 250 Gms Puri ( Get ready made from an Indian sweet shop). I took smashed Puri and not the pani Puri one so it could stay crispier once done.
2. 100 Gms Thin Sev – from an Indian sweet shop (Karama is the best place in Dubai to get it)
3. 1 Chopped Green Chili
4. 1 Chopped Tomato 🍅
5. 1 Chopped Onion
6. Small (about 100 Gms) Fresh Yoghurt Pack (Whisked)
7. 1 tbsp chaat Masala (mango powder or jaljira powder can be used as alternatives). All are available at the grocery.
8. 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
9. 2 tbsp tamarind chutney (if you ant find it t grocery, message me to know to make it at home)
10. 2 tbsp corriander chutney (the chutney – mix a bunch f corriander + lime juice + small green chili + sugar + 4-5 mint leaves and blend it)
12. 2 Medium-sized boiled potatoes (mashed)
Step 1 – Place all the Puris on a large serving plate. Don’t follow an order and randomly place the Puris.
Step 2 – Put chopped onion, tomatoes, green chili and mashed potatoes.
Step 3 – Sprinkle kashmiri red chili powder and chaat masala. Always taste the masalas & see what kind of tanginess you prefer.
Step 4 – Randomly pour droplets of Coriander chutney, tamarind chutney followed by whisked yogurt all over the Puris.
Step 5 – Sprinkle thin sev on top, ready to be served.
Tip: If season allows, add chopped Kachi Keri (Unripe mango) for flavor. Coriander can be used for garnishing as well.
Try at home & let me know if you enjoyed it.
Born to Eat & Travel